MAKE YOURSELF LESS ATTRACTIVE TO MOLD

. Posted in MOLD

To prevent your body’s immune system reaction, you can make yourself less appealing to mold, so it will become more difficult for it to thrive. One important step can be through changing your diet. The foods discussed next are mold magnets: If you can cut down on these items, molds might need to find another more gracious host.

Avoid Sugars and Processed Grains

Fungus feeds on the white stuff: processed sugars and grains (which are simple carbohydrates that break down into sugars through digestion), so
reducing or eliminating these foods is necessary to keep fungus under control. I believe that one reason people feel so good on low carbohydrate diets (other than losing weight) is that they are also eliminating the mold growing in their bodies.

Supplement Daily with Cod Liver and other Fish Oils

The omega-3 fats, docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), and elcosapentaenoic acid (EPA) will help strengthen your immune system. Oil-rich fish, like salmon, and dietary supplements including fish and cod liver oils are the richest and most readily available sources of omega-3.

Avoid Mycotoxic Foods

There is a clear relationship between what we eat and how we feel. To my mind, it is quite evident that there is a relationship between foods and the flare-up of CAID. Just as well, there are many foods that are contaminated with mycotoxins (fungal toxins), either in their natural production or from the way they are harvested and stored. These foods are known to increase fungus production within our bodies. It is interesting that all are related to carbohydrates and sugars.

The best results will occur if these foods are completely eliminated from your diet. If that is too difficult, you should at least cut down significantly on their consumption. While it’s hard to give up the foods you love, you will probably have a longer lasting joy when you realize how much better you feel than the rush you may get from eating a slice of pizza or chocolate cake. The trade-off is difficult, but it is one of the most important steps in the CAID five-step plan. The food groups of concern include the following:

1. Alcoholic beverages: We’ve already discussed that alcohol is a known problem to sinus patients. What’s more, the mycotoxin of the Saccharomyces yeast - brewer’s yeast - is alcohol. Fruits and mold-contaminated grains are often introduced into alcoholic beverages bringing other mycotoxins to the mix. Therefore, you are probably consuming more toxins than just alcohol in your beverage.

2. Corn: Corn is contaminated with fungal mycotoxins. And it’s not just the vegetable that you need to avoid: You also need to read labels and stay away from ingredients like corn syrup and corn starch.

3. All grains: If it sat in a silo, it stands the chance of being contaminated with fungi and mycotoxins. What’s more, grains are used for breads, cereals and pasta. Pasta may be the least “offensive” form of grain, since certain water-soluble mycotoxins float off in the boiling water. Unfortunately, traces of the more harmful mycotoxins remain in the grain.

4. Sugar (sugarcane and sugar beets): As discussed earlier, sugars fuel the growth of fungi.

5. Peanuts: Peanuts can host up to 24 different types of fungi. Enough said.

6. Cottonseed: Packed with mycotoxins, cottonseed is usually found in the oil form (cottonseed oil).

7. Hard cheeses: Don’t worry about the mold that creates the cheese (blue cheese, Gorgonzola, Brie); instead, worry about the mold that grows on the cheese. Some cheeses, such as Gouda, are made with yogurt-type cultures, which are not fungi.

8. Fungi as food: Mushrooms, yogurts, and other mycoproteins should be avoided.


Sinus Tips:
To prevent your body’s immune system reaction, you can make yourself less appealing to mold, so it will become more difficult for it to thrive. One important step can be through
If you believe that mold is causing your CAID symptoms to flare, you will need to follow the protocols outlined in the other categorys of the site for each specific limb. This may
The good news is that we can prevent mold from affecting your health. Avoidance is often the most important part of treatment. For example, my patient Louise, 61 years old, came in
Unfortunately, mold is everywhere. Thousands of single-cell fungi are found all over the world. Fungal spores (the reproductive part of the organism) become airborne like pollen. M
When you have fungal sinusitis, the toxins can cause enormous mucus production. As this mucus drips into the throat and into the stomach, the stomach will react by producing acid.
Ask yourself the following to see if you are allergic to mold: ■ Do you sneeze or feel stuffy when you walk into a damp or musty house or basement or a damp barn or garage? O
This initial hit of inflammation would probably lead you to believe that you had come down with a simple cold.